What is J-Tools?
J-Tools is an exciting product for users of the JAWS for Windows version 11.0 screen-reader. It aims to assist visually impaired people by providing a suite of tools for working within word processing, Email, calendar and Internet-based environments. Plus, you can join in the Social Networking revolution by using Twitter and also dictate text into your computer and have it appear in your document, Email message or form on the Internet!
J-Tools is designed for people working at home, within education or the workplace.
With J-Tools you will be able to:
- Easily select (or highlight) text within our supported computing applications without the need to continually hold down a number of Keys on the Keyboard including the Shift Key;
- Reproduce regularly used words and phrases with the minimum of effort and Key presses;
- Take full advantage of the Microsoft Outlook 2007 calendar;
- Easily locate specific segments of documents or web pages and instruct JAWS to perform an action when the desired item gains focus;
- Benefit from a range of tools which cause JAWS to speak or move to pertinent information as and when you need it;
- Keep up-to-date with your friends, family and co-workers using Twitter;
- Have sounds play to substitute speech prompts within the product;
- Take a backup copy of your JAWS settings and other configuration files in the event that they need to be restored at a later date or transferred to another computer;
- Gain access to a list of Keystrokes for all J-Tools functions conveniently grouped together according to task.
- More easily work with tables in word processed documents and on web pages;
- Manage all aspects of Dropbox file syncing facility;
- Benefit from a range of features to enhance the use of JAWS within Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
If Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred or Professional is installed onto the computer hosting J-Tools technology, you are able to compose text quickly and easily by dictating it rather than typing. You will find writing documents and Email messages far easier if you speak to the computer and will save you time each day. We refer to this functionality as J-Tools Dictate. The role of the J-Tools Dictate component of this product is to assist you in the creation of text only. Controlling the computer by voice is not supported.
However, you do not need to use Dragon NaturallySpeaking with the J-Tools Dictate functionality in order to benefit from J-Tools. Dictating is just one option of which you can take advantage if you wish. J-Tools consists, predominantly, of a number of fantastic utilities which can be operated using the keyboard.
It is important to say that the J-Tools Dictate functionality is already included within J-Tools version 3.1. You do not need to install a separate J-Tools-related product in order to be able to dictate text into the computer. Simply installing Dragon NaturallySpeaking is enough. The J-Tools functionality is hidden within J-Tools itself and is only made active as and when the Dragon NaturallySpeaking program is made active by launching it. If you do wish to use J-Tools Dictate, Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred (together with if necessary a headset/microphone specifically recommended by your J-Tools supplier) should be purchased separately and installed.
You may also want to learn what is new in the latest version of J-Tools.
Ten Good reasons to Use J-Tools
Here are ten good reasons why you may wish to use J-Tools! There are many more however...
- The J-Tools selection feature is the only way to precisely select text in an html environment.
- Text Notes mean you'll never again not be able to reproduce phone numbers, E-mail addresses, serial numbers, activation codes, and a whole bunch of other stuff.
- J-Tools with Twitter clients means you'll never have to memorize those cryptic Twitter user names again.
- View HTML messages in Outlook 2007 in the browser with a single keystroke.
- Navigate the Outlook 2007 calendar so effectively you'll be the envy of all your friends.
- Instantly return to today's date in the Outlook 2007 calendar with a single keystroke.
- Place Outlook 2007 appointments in the virtual viewer and examine the details with ease.
- Use J-Tools bookmarks to instantly locate text and controls on web pages, no matter how complicated the page.
- Use J-Tools Dictate with Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred to dictate to your computer in any editing environment.
- Export all of your J-Tools settings, such as text notes, Twitter user names, and bookmarks so that you can instantly have them available on another computer.
If you do not plan to use J-Tools Dictate functionality, the computer onto which J-Tools should be installed should conform to the following minimum specifications:
- 1 GHZ processor;
- 512 MB RAM;
- JAWS for Windows compatible sound and video card.
If you do plan to use J-Tools Dictate, it is imperative that your computer conforms to the following minimum specifications:
- Pentium 4 or Core 2 Duo Processor (or laptop computer equivalent);
- 2GB of RAM;
- JAWS for Windows compatible video card;
- Full duplex multi-channel soundcard.
J-Tools currently supports the following computing applications and operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP (all releases on the 32 bit platform);
- Microsoft Windows Vista (all releases);
- Microsoft Windows 7 (all releases);
- Microsoft Word from Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007;
- Microsoft Outlook from Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007;
- TWInbox 1.0;
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 6, 7 and 8;
- Mozilla Firefox web browser version 3.
Additional applications will be supported within future releases of J-Tools. In addition, the range of features contained within J-Tools will certainly increase with the release of each version of the product.
How to Evaluate J-Tools Before Purchasing
Before you purchase J-Tools, you may decide that you would like to evaluate the product using Demonstration Mode. We have provided a number of utilities to help you with this process:
In order to use J-Tools, you will need JAWS for Windows 11.0 build 1430.
Please activate the relevant link below:
- JAWS for Windows 11.0 Build 1430 for 32 bit compatibility
- JAWS for Windows 11.0 Build 1430 for 64 bit compatibility
The J-Tools evaluation product allows you to start JAWS and J-Tools 15 times after the product has been installed. Once the program has been started within the 15 times limit, it can be fully used without restriction for as long as you like. This gives a fair evaluation time and should give you plenty of opportunity to decide whether you would like to purchase the product.
Please note that, unless you have Dragon NaturallySpeaking already installed on the computer to host J-Tools, it will not be possible to evaluate the J-Tools Dictate functionality.
- Please activate this link to download the J-Tools demonstration copy for JAWS version 11.
- Please activate this link to download the J-Tools version 3.1 User Guide for JAWS version 11.
- Please activate this link to download the J-Tools V3.1 What's New Document
J-Tools Discussion List and Audio Presentations
- The J-Tools 3.1 presentation demonstrating the features within version 3.1.
- J-Tools audio presentation which demonstrates most of the product features.
- The J-Tools 1.3 presentation demonstrating the features within version 1.3.
- T&T Consultancy has further presentations as well.
- Webinar entitled "Using the Keyboard with T&T Technology" (This is in MP3 format.)
- Webinar entitled "Using the Keyboard with T&T Technology" (This is in HTML format.)
- A mailing list has been established to discuss J-Tools. Here J-Tools users can share tips and new users can ask questions.
To Purchase a J-Tools Authorization Key
Copyright 1999- 2010 Next Generation Technologies Incorporated