What is J-Say Pro?
J-Say Pro is an exciting product which addresses the needs of visually impaired people who are unable to use the keyboard, or who want to take advantage of the additional functionality provided by the product.
In addition to allowing the user to dictate text to compose word processed documents or E-Mail messages, J-Say Pro provides the user with complete hands-free control of the computer. Furthermore, the hundreds of commands which exist within the JAWS screen-reading package are represented as voice commands.
J-Say Pro contains a large number of innovative features which cannot be found in any other product. In particular, we have extended the concept of our interactive help system which is part of J-Say Standard and have taken it to a new level which needs to be seen to be believed!
J-Say Pro allows you to:
- Use natural language commands to gain access to the many features of JAWS for Windows. For example, say the words "Be Quiet" to instantly silence the speech synthesizer, or "talk faster" and "talk slower" to change the rate of the speech.
- Surf around the Internet with considerable ease using the high quality access given to JAWS users with web pages, coupled with our suite of natural language commands. For instance when completing an on-line form, say "check the box" or "uncheck the box" to manipulate a Check Box, or use the command "press the button" to activate a button to submit data to the author of the web page. Using this powerful combination will bring the Internet alive to people who previously had difficulty accessing it.
- Take control of your Braille display with J-Say Professional. If you use a Braille display, such as a Freedom Scientific Focus model, it is no longer necessary to remember the commands to control the Braille output. These commands will also prove to be a tremendous advantage to people who can read Braille, but who do not have the dexterity necessary to press buttons or keys on the unit.
- Take advantage of our truly amazing help system. Use the command "where am I?" to interrogate the computer to find out your current location, such as whether you are in a Microsoft Word document or web page. "What Can I Do?" will give you a list of commands you can say relative to the application in which you are working. "What commands can I say?" will allow the user to have access to all of the commands available within the product, which are displayed on the computer screen so that sighted people can support the visually impaired user. Finally, ask J-Say Pro a question and it will give you the answer. Say "how do I shut down the computer?" and you will receive an explanation of how this is done. Again, the explanation is displayed on the screen. This interactive help system is not dependent upon the questions being phrased in a particular way.
- Scan and read your document with easy-to-remember voice commands. J-Say utilizes the power and flexibility of the Kurzweil 1000 scanning package to allow a person who is unable to use the keyboard or mouse to take advantage of this fantastic product.
- Execute many commonly used procedures within the Windows operating system with voice commands. Good examples would be to move directly to the Windows desktop or to maximize the application and document windows, so that the program fills the entire screen.
- Keep track of your diary by moving through appointments using your voice in the Outlook calendar.
- Use your voice to control JAWS utilities, such as the JAWS cursor. This makes it possible for you to read screens which are otherwise difficult to access.
- Teach Dragon how you pronounce words and phrases, such as terminology of a technical nature, with our interface which guides you through the process of adding items to the vocabulary. Alternatively, use the superb access to the NaturallySpeaking correction system. J-Say Pro can speak the individual components of the correction dialogue box either in their entirety or individually.
- Use the J-Say Pro setup utility to guide you through the initial configuration of Dragon NaturallySpeaking. J-Say Pro will not only read the text necessary to train the system to recognize the human voice, but it will also intelligently teach the user to intonate correctly during the training process.
- Move through tables easily either within Internet Explorer or Microsoft Word. Again, the navigation language is simple to learn with no complications.
- Toggle the echoing of dictation on and off. The commands used to manipulate the echoing of text is consistent across all applications.
- Use our slick new Back-Up and restore utilities to make a permanent copy of your speech files and restore them at a later date if necessary.
- Use a voice command to check whether all your applications have been exited, prior to closing the computer down. If they have not, J-Say Pro will place focus upon the application which is active, advise you what it is, and invite you to close it.
Further Information about J-Say Professional
Assuming a level of installation and training is purchased, J-Say Pro can be easily configured to allow a physically disabled and visually impaired person to independently carry out tasks such as dialing telephone numbers, through to using software-based DVD and DAISY talking book players. J-Say Pro can also be customized to perform optimally with applications used in the workplace.
J-Say Pro 8 provides interoperability for Dragon NaturallySpeaking Pro 10.1 and JAWS for Windows 11.0.1461. Support for legacy versions of both underlying products may be available upon request.
J-Say Pro 8 Retail Prices:
- New Single License: $827.50
- Upgrade: $195.00 per version hop
Onsite J-Say Training
Have certified J-Say trainers come to you!
Next Generation Technologies Inc. can send Certified J-Say Pro trainer to your location anywhere in the United States or Canada. Our field trainers provide training not only for J-Say Pro, but for most of the common software applications that one would be likely to want to use both at the workplace and at home.
Training services are provided by speaking with our customers, developing an individual training program with stated objectives, and providing a Proposal based upon our objectives. In addition to the standard training materials provided with J-Say Pro we develop customized training material for each client and can also provide customized installation, configuration, and ongoing technical support services.
For additional information please contact President and CEO, Edward S. Rosenthal, 425-744-1100, extension 15.
Copyright 1999- 2010 Next Generation Technologies Incorporated