Next Generation Technologies, Inc.
Speech Input, Voice Output and Everything In-Between
Next Generation Technologies is a leading technology consultancy providing technology services to the professional community since 1993. Our extensive technology experience includes customized Assistive Technology (AT) solutions. We provide speech recognition access technologies and support for medical practitioners, legal professionals, the mental health industry, and for adaptive applications. We provide a range of products and services including technology evaluations, project management, computer hardware and peripheral devices, specialized software, provide group and end-user training, and ongoing technology support services.
Nuance Announces Updates to Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12
Greater Compatibility for Microsoft Windows 8, Support for Recently Released Microsoft Office 2013 and Microsoft Internet Explorer
Nuance Communications, Inc. announced updates to Dragon NaturallySpeaking, the world's best-selling speech recognition software for the personal computer. Dragon 12 now features seamless integration with the Microsoft Windows 8 operating system, and enhanced support for Microsoft Office 2013 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.
Launched in July of 2012, Dragon 12 features a 20 percent improvement to out-of-the-box accuracy, faster performance and new features like Smart Format Rules that make Dragon more productive and personal than ever. With this latest update, Dragon allows for greater compatibility with Microsoft Office 2013, Internet Explorer 10 and Windows 8. Among these changes is improved usability for Windows 8, including in its Start screen and full-screen apps.
"There is now an entire generation of people who rely on Dragon to be more productive with their PCs, and now those same people are migrating to new types of interfaces -- and these migrations are making our interaction with computing devices truly multimodal: we can seamlessly type, touch or speak," said Matt Revis, vice president of Dragon Devices, Nuance Mobile. "By improving compatibility with Windows 8's tile and touch interface, plus the new Office and IE, Dragon is becoming an even more integral part of the everyday computing experience."
Current owners of Dragon 12 in all languages will automatically get a free software update via a digital download notification or by selecting "Check for Updates" in the Help tab of the DragonBar.
Customers with previous versions of Dragon will receive an email announcing a special limited-time promotional upgrade rate to Dragon 12 with the updates above.
For new customers, the updated Premium 12 English edition will be available to order starting March 18, 2013. Additional editions and languages will be available over the coming weeks.
News and Information
- We are happy to announce that Dragon NaturallySpeaking Premium 13, has been released!
- NGT, Inc. is pleased to announce that Astec Assistive Technology Solutions, Ltd. has released J-Say Pro Version 12, now with support for Windows 8! This version requires Dragon NaturallySpeaking Professional 12.5, JAWS for Windows 15.0.9023+ and a variety of new features.
- NGT, Inc. announces the upcoming North American re-release of Say-MAGic integration technology for Freedom Scientific's MAGic and Nuance Communication's Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
- NGT, Inc. announces that Dragon 12 is here! Please contact President and CEO, Ed Rosenthal for details about upgrading and pricing.
- ZoomText 10 is here! With the release of ZoomText 10, AI Squared is bringing it all together with integrated support for HD webcams as CCTVs, recording text audio, background reading, and new standards in web navigation.
- New Plantronics SAVI Office provides wireless capabilities for Dragon technology and most office telephones.
Are you a Next Generation Technologies, Inc. customer who has changed e-mail addresses or has not received mail about updates or announcements? Please send us an e-mail with your contact information.
Copyright 1999- 2012 Next Generation Technologies Incorporated